Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pursuit from a Pure Heart - May 11

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I call on Your name and listen for Your voice. …



“Shun youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart” (2 Timothy 2:22).



Shun the one and pursue the other. Turn away from the desires of the flesh and turn toward the desires of the Spirit. Focus on what matters. Hold fast to what lasts. Don’t sacrifice the blessings and fulfillment of a lifetime for the pleasures of a moment. Live strong from a pure heart.



Let righteousness, faith, love, and peace be the marks of a life lived well—only by a life consumed with Your Spirit, cleansed by Your blood, and filled with Your grace. “As it is written, ‘There is no one who is righteous, not even one,’” so we all have need of Your mercy and grace, forgiveness and refocus, every moment of every day (Romans 8:10). Thank You that we have it, because we always need it. We’d be liars if we said we didn’t.



But we can pursue with the passion of a pure heart all that’s in Your heart for us, without ever feeling condemned or hypocritical if we falter or fail, because Your mercies are new every morning. “But this I call to mind, and therefore have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. ‘The Lord is my portion,’ says my soul, ‘therefore I will hope in Him.’ The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul that seeks Him” (Lamentations 3:21-25).



Morning by Morning, moment by moment, I will seek You, I will pursue You. And I will thank You for first pursuing me. I praise You for catching me, embracing me, and never letting me go—even when I deserve it most. Great is Your faithfulness. Amazing is Your grace. Overwhelming is Your love. No wonder I want to pursue You so. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.



Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Join us May 18-21, 2011 for The Fountain School of Spiritual Ministry - Level 2. Equipping, Training, and Impartation for Healing Prayer Ministry in Lexington, Kentucky. I'll be leading our 4 Day School, along with some of our other teachers with Messiah Ministries. It's always an exciting and life-changing adventure! Those who've been to Level 1 or have watched the DVD's from Level 1 are all welcome to come. Details and On-Line Registration at www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

To Subscribe: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
To Reply: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
To Order our Resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
To Join in the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries:
www.messiah-ministries.org/partner/contribute