Thursday, June 23, 2011

Idols of Pride Fall Down - June 23

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start off my day listening for Your voice and walking in Your steps. ...
"O Ephraim, what have I to do with idols? It is I who answer and look after you. I am like an evergreen cypress; your faithfulness comes from me. Those who are wise understand these things; those who are discerning know them. For the ways of the Lord are right, and the upright walk in them, but transgressors stumble in them" (Hosea 14:8-9).
Give me wisdom to understand and discernment to know that You are the One Who answers when I call, You are the One looks after me even when I don't know it's You. Expose and destroy the idols of my heart and mind - the things that I allow to have the place that only You deserve, the things that I exalt or depend upon, instead of fully trusting in You.
I may not even know that I do. I may not even realize the subtle idolatry that seeps into my thinking, where I'm depending upon my own strength, my own wisdom, my own resources. That's why I need Your wisdom and discernment, so that I don't stumble and fall in transgression of Your ways. I want to walk in the ways that lead to life.
But self dependence, rather than desperate, daily dependence upon You is the form of pride that hinders Your grace in my life. "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble" (James 4:6). So help me humble myself, help me willingly choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. Let the idols of pride fall down and bow before You - "the name that is above every name" (Philippians 2:9). Only in that place in my heart and mind can I fully embrace all the power and wisdom of all the grace You have for me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Friends, we've been enjoying a few days with my kids in one of the ministry cottages at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries near Nashville. What a great blessing and tremendous ministry. Please come join us at the end of July for the Aldersgate Conference 2011, being held this year in Dayton, Ohio. I'm excited to be one of the teachers of the equipping sessions and serve on the prophetic ministry and prayer teams: www.aldersgaterenewal.org It's always one of the highlightws of my summer with passionate worshp and powerful ministry.

Subscribe
: www.messiah-ministries.org/home
Reply
: TommyHays@messiah-ministries.org
Order our Resources
: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources
Give to the Vision and Calling of Messiah Ministries
: