Monday, June 13, 2011

Impacted by God - June 13

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start my day embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, and filled with Your Holy Spirit. ...
"When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly from heaven there came a sound like the rush of a violent wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. Divided tongues, as of fire, appeared among them, and a tongue rested on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other languages, as the Spirit gave them ability" (Acts 2:1-4).
Sunday, much of Your Church around Your world celebrated the Day of Pentecost - the day You poured out Your Spirit in overwhelming measure to be the Body of Christ, filled with the Spirit of Christ, to continue the ministry of Christ in this world, just as You promised (v. 1:8). There were flames of fire and rushing winds. And everyone around them knew that something was now different about them. The world didn't know what it was that had changed in these people called Christians, but it was obvious to all that something powerful and significant had impacted their lives (v. 1:12).
Now every day is to be my day of personal pentecost. Every day is to be my day to let Your mighty wind blow through my spirit and You flames of fire burn in my heart. Every day is to be my day to embrace the power and love of Your Spirit in my life, so I can be Your witness in my world.
They may not understand what's happened to me. They may be just as "amazed and perplexed" as the neighbors of the first Spirit-filled Christians were (v. 1:12). Others may mock and sneer, as every generation always has from the beginning (v. 1:13). But I want them to know that my life has been impacted by God - not because I say it has, but because they see it has. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
My friends, Thank You! for all the notes and cards and encouraging words for my 50th Birthday! Thank you walking with me in the journey of prayer and the adventure of life. It will exciting to see what this next season will hold for all of us. May God pour out His mighty Spirit in your heart and life every day!