Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Living Hope in Small Town America - June 8

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Embraced by my Father, centered in Christ, filled with the Spirit, I give this day and all my life completely to You - as best as I can and all by Your grace. ...

"There is a river whose streams make glad the city of our God, the holy habitation of the most high. God is in the midst of the city; it shall not be moved; God will help it when the morning dawns" (Psalm 46:4-5).


In a quiet city of small town America, You've given me the joy of encouraging Your people and preparing Your bride for three days of renewal and revival in Aledo, Illinois. I've been on my knees at the altar with the Mayor, prayed in the police squad car with the Deputy Sheriff, stood in the middle of the Subway praying for peace with a woman in tears, prayer walked down main street under the banners of our national flag, and had the honor of coming alongside so many others, including their children, from all walks of life, casting off their burdens and embracing an awakening in their hearts of a deeper passion for You. It fills me with hope for the heart and soul of this land.


O God, pour out Your Spirit in great measure upon the people of the city. Let the bonds of their love for You, for one another, and for the people of this community You've called them love and to serve be strengthened each day. Magnify this out to all the cities and communities across this land where our freedom to worship our God and declare the glory of Your name is still a great privilege and blessing we appreciate and cherish.


Despite all her sins and failures, there is hope for America yet. And I've been so refreshed and renewed in my spirit to spend some time in this city where the River of Your Spirit stills flows with Your power and love. Thank You for blessing and encouragement we still have by the witness of living hope, trusting our great God, in small town America. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, thank you! for praying for us at our 3 Day Revival Meeting here at Aledo United Methodist Church in northern Illinois, where my good friend Jeff Bealmear pastors. We just got a note this morning of a marriage that was saved and of spiritual gifts awakened. God is on the move! And I pray the same for you and your community! God bless you!

You're invited to our Saturday Cook-out June 11th in Lexington to share about my ministry trip to Africa in August, preaching the gospel in outdoor festifvals and teaching a Pastor and Leaders conference with Wesley Paul Minsitries. Waterford Club House, 6:30-8:30 pm. Please send me a note if you'd be interested. We will also be celebrating my 50th birthday and there's no better gift than the encouragement of my friends in my passion to share the love and power of Jesus around the world! tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org


Kenya Cookout Card

Sign up for Morning by Morning by clicking the link below or going to our Messiah Ministries web site. Please pass on these morning prayer to anyone who would be eencouraged. And we welcome your contributions to join with us in sharing the Good News of the Kingdom of God at home and abroad! -- Tommy