Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Final Verdict - July 12

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As I settle for my morning time of prayer, watching and waiting for Your leading, help me start this new day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...
"And when you were dead in trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive together with Him, when He forgave us all our trespasses, erasing the record that stood against us with its legal demands. He set this aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and made a public example of them, triumphing over them in it (Colossians 2:13-15).
A friend of mine encouraged me to write my next book on deliverance ministry from a lawyer's perspective. And the words are already stirring in my heart:
We have an accuser; and his name is Satan. But we have an Advocate; and His name is Jesus. And though we stand accused before the judgment seat of God in the courtroom of heaven of all our sins and failures, there is One Who speaks for us. He pleads our case for us before the Great Judge and Creator of all-not on the evidence of what we have done or failed to do, but on the truth of the fact of Who He is and what He has done for us.
Through the victory of the cross of Christ, the power of the blood of Jesus, and the word of our testimony of His Salvation in our lives, we overcome our accuser (Revelation 12:11). And though our case is called to trial every day of our lives on this side of heaven, the voice of our Advocate continues to declare with the authority of His name the truth of our freedom in Christ. Whomever the Son sets free is free indeed (John 8:36).
In this Holy Court where all must stand and a give an account, every shrieking objection of the accuser of our souls is rejected and overruled. The only evidence we need is evident to all in the Father's mercy and love for us in the sacrifice of His Son. "And it is by God's will that we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.... And the Holy Spirit also testifies to us, for after saying, 'This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, says the Lord: I will put My laws in their hearts and I will write them on their minds,' and He also adds, 'I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more'" (Hebrews 10:10-17).
On the basis of our trusting faith in Christ and personal relationship with Him, the case is closed and the gavel of God has sounded through the heavens: Let the accused go free!
And it will not be the accused, but the accuser himself, who will be taken away in chains to be cast down forever into the very prison of misery he has argued for us (Revelation 20:10). His verdict is final. And so is ours-by the Word of God spoken through our Advocate, Who has never lost a case.
Lord, give me time and inspiration to write all that is on Your heart to share through my words in this book from the spiritual principles of Your Scriptures and the experiences of my life. I thank You for the season of my life as a courtroom trial lawyer; and I thank You for the season of my life as a prayer minister of healing and deliverance. Grounded in Your Word and led by Your Spirit, may the words I write bring glory to Your name and freedom for Your children. I praise You that You are our Advocate; our accuser is condemned; and the verdict is final. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, please keep me in prayer as I write this book. It took me five years to write Free to Be Like Jesus - Transforming Power of Healing & Deliverance. And I pray for the time to write this book. And please let me know if you, your church, bar association, or other group might be interested in having me come to share my thoughts and experinces in this area. And God bless you as you fulfill the dreams and desires the Lord has put in your heart in the ministry of your life. www.messiah-ministries.org


Come to the Fountain This Friday Night! July 15, our Messiah Ministries' monthly gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship with the family of God as one, from many different churches and traditions under the name of Jesus in our city. Come drink deeply from the Living Waters, to be refreshed and renewed in the Presence of God, as we worship Him and welcome Him to heal us and free us in spirit, soul, and body. We meet monthly in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Kentucky at 7 PM. We have various worship leaders from our area lead us in worship each month. This month, Kerry Dorrell will be leading in worship and Sandy Boven will be leading in prayer. All are welcome! Please come, bring a friend, and spread the word.
 
Final Verdict, all rights reserved (c) Tommy Hays