Wednesday, July 06, 2011

The Pure in Heart will See God - July 6

Good morning, Lord Jesus. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust my life and this day to You-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God" (Matthew 5:8).
I know one day in heaven I'll see You "face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12). But I also know You taught us to pray for Your Kingdom to come, Your will to be done now, here on earth as it is in heaven. Your Word tells me that in Christ, I already have been blessed "with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places" (Ephesians 1:30). And seeing Your face, hearing Your voice, walking hand in hand and heart to heart in a daily journey with You throughout the moments of my day is the greatest spiritual blessing I can imagine.
So Lord, purify my heart, sanctify my soul, crucify my flesh. Do all that You need to do in me so that I can see You. It's as I see You that You change me into all I'm created to be: "And all of us, with unveiled faces, seeing the glory of the Lord as though reflected in a mirror, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another; for this comes from the Lord, the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18).
You're the One Who put this desire in my heart to seek Your face and hear Your voice. And You're the One Who gives me the desires of my heart (Psalm 37:4). So I thank You now that You're already at work in me, preparing the way of the Lord for deeper experiences and encounters with You. "And this is the boldness we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have obtained the requests made of Him" (1 John 5:14-15). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, I'll be preaching the Sunday morning message at First Christian Church Ruidoso this Sunday July 10th in the mountains at Ruidoso, New Mexico. Please come jon us if you're in the area! (575-258-4250). God bless you, Tommy