Monday, July 11, 2011

With Great Power and Great Grace - July 11

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name and listen for Your voice. ...
"With great power the apostles gave their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace was upon them all" (Acts 4:33).
Thank You for my testimony of Your resurrection in my life. It's more than the day I "got saved." It's more than all the times You've healed me or freed me or filled me afresh with Your Spirit or empowered me for ministry in Your name. It's how You keep on saving me every day. Your resurrection power is at work within me every moment of every day. How I think, how I feel, how I react and respond to the challenges and opportunities that come across the path of my life are so much different than they would be if I did not know for myself the resurrection of the Lord in my life. "For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved, it is the power of God" (1 Corinthians 1:18).
Empower me to give my testimony by the way I live my life today. And as I do, may Your great grace fall upon everyone and everything around me. May Your Spirit, with Your resurrection power, change the spiritual atmosphere around me. And may it continue to change the spiritual atmosphere within me. Let me never take for granted what a dramatic difference Your great power and Your great grace have made and are making in my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays