Monday, August 01, 2011

Trustworthy - August 1

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name be glorified in my heart and through my life today. ...

"Think of us this way, as servants of Christ and stewards of God's mysteries. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy" (1 Corinthians 4:1-2).


Father, I want to be found trustworthy. I want to be faithful to You and faithful with all You have entrusted to me. Endue me with wisdom and cover me with grace to steward the gifts You've given to me to live out my calling and fulfill my destiny in Christ.


Lord, let me not bury my talents, like the unfaithful servant, tempted to give in to the fear of failure or be overwhelmed with self-focus on my weaknesses instead of Your strength, on my unworthiness instead of Your greatness (Matthew 25:25). Let all that You've purposed in Your heart to accomplish through my life come to pass, leaving nothing behind and nothing undone.


I've seen enough to know that path is not easy, but it will be well worth it. "My brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of any kind, consider it nothing but joy, because you know that the testing of your faith produces endurance, and let endurance have its full effect, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking in nothing" (James 1:2-4).


O Lord, my God, You are trustworthy and true. And I want to grow up in Christ to be like You (Romans 8:29). This is my desire; this is my choice - as best as I can and all by Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Tonight, please join us for An Evening with Heather Butler from Wales with her beautiful and powerful gifting as a prophetic pslamist. Hosted by Messiah Ministries in the Chapel at Cententary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd at 7pm. The Mountain, Monday Night Prayer Group for Israel led by Bob & Doris McCray, will be joining us instead of the usual location. Please see our ministry calendar for details and other ministry opportunities in South Carolina coming up soon: www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar