Friday, September 02, 2011

"Continue" - September 2

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Arise in my heart; arise through my life this day and every day. ...

"As you therefore have received Christ Jesus the Lord, continue to live your lives in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving" (Colossians 2:6).


Thank You, Lord, for the mountain top experiences in the exciting places You send me and in the interesting ministry You bring me. But let me also continue. Thank You for the powerful encounters of Your Presence and power in the supernatural ways of Your Kingdom. But let me also continue. Thank You for the mighty deliverances through all the challenging circumstances in my life or the lives of those You bring into mine. But let me also continue.


There are mountaintop experiences and breakthrough encounters along the journey of faith that are so fascinating and exciting. But they are dramatic experiences and encounters within the broader context of a life-long journey. And not every day, nor even every season, necessarily has in store those kinds of "off-the-charts" and "over-the-top" experiences. So I also need Your grace to consistently continue the path You set before me in the journey of faith. And I need Your wisdom to remember that neither my journey nor anyone else's is any less significant when they are in the season of "continue" instead of in the moments of "encounter."


So whether exciting or mundane, whether in the nations or at home, I choose by Your grace to continue to live my life in You. With each step of every choice, let me continue to be rooted and grounded in You and Your Word, continue to be built up and established in You and Your faith, and continue to be abounding in thanksgiving for all You're doing instead of murmuring in complaining about whatever I may think it is that You're not doing. It's a great adventure. But I'll never see what adventure the next day will hold unless I keep choosing each day to continue on in You. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




Please come join us in Lexington in October for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry for equipping and impartation in healnig praeyr ministry and prophetic ministry. Scholarships are available as needed so all can come. Please see our Events Calendar on the web site for details or to register on-line: