Wednesday, September 28, 2011

"So I Send You" - September 28

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Speak to me as You desire; send me forth as You will. I am Yours; I am ready; I am willing. ...


Holy Spirit, You've been speaking to my wife and speaking to me through her words with You. I join in agreement with all my heart with Sylvia's prayer, as we pray with You as one:


"So Send I You"


Father, open my heart. When You open my heart each morning I can receive Your nudgings, Your words, corrections...whatever is on Your heart for me and all of mine...otherwise with a closed heart I am empty and pouring from an empty pitcher.

As I awoke this morning, I heard You whisper, "So send I you."


"Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said to them, 'Peace be with you.' When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His side. Then the disciples were glad when they saw the Lord. So Jesus said to them again, 'Peace to you! As the Father has sent Me, so send I you.' And when He had said this, He breathed on them, and said to them, 'Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained' " (John 20:19-23, NKJV).


The disciples were gathered together in fear, not faith. You came to them despite their weakness and lack of faith and brought peace. Your agenda, the reason You came into the earth, was to destroy the works of the devil, which certainly includes fear (1 John 3:8). But You gave all, and willingly suffered and died in order to accomplish that task. You showed the disciples the scars on Your hands and side to remind them of your sufferings...to which we are called...in order to live a life of resurrection power (Philippians 3:10).


You bring peace in the midst of the storm, in the face of fear. You call us to live our lives destroying the works of the devil, refusing to give in to fear, as we interact in situations and with others on a daily basis. As the Father sent You, Jesus, to live a fearless life of radical love for Him and others, regardless of results or cost, so You send us. Breathe Your Holy Spirit on us and cause us to forgive the sins of others, that our wounds would be healed and the scars would become our marks of being one sent by You (2 Corinthians 6:4-10). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


We're excited that the registrations for our upcoming Level 1 School of Spiritual Ministry indicate this may be our biggest class ever! Please come join us in Lexington in October for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry for equipping and impartation in healing prayer ministry and prophetic ministry. Scholarships are available as needed so all can come. Please see our Events Calendar on the web site for details or to register on-line: www.messiah-ministries.org


Freinds, Sylvia and I have been with Laura Beach in Louisville this week to teach and minister at the National LifeServe Conference 2011 for spiritual leaders Monday through Thursday: http://lifeserve.group.com/Please We've had incredible times of ministry. Please keep us in your prayers!


Please come for healing prayer ministry at The Healing Rooms of Lexington every Thursday Night, hosted by our ministry team in Lexington. Details on our ministry web site calendar: www.messiah-ministries.org