Thursday, September 08, 2011

Tommy & Sylvia Hays - What God Has Joined Together - September 7

Tommy & Sylvia Hays -What God Has Joined Together!
Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - You are God and You are So Good to me! ...


"Then the Lord said, 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper as his partner.' ... Then the man said, 'This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh.' ... Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and clings to his wife, and they become one flesh" (Genesis 2:18-24).


"So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore, what God has joined together, let no man put asunder" (Matthew 19:6, KJV).


You are a great Father Who wants the very best for Your sons and daughters. You know everything we need because You created us to need those things. And You know everything we turn toward to fill those needs instead of turning to You; and though it breaks Your heart to see us hurt and fail, You never stop calling us and never stop drawing us into the best You still have for us, if we will turn to You and trust in You.


I've needed a partner in ministry and for my family, and a companion in my journey. And the honest truth is - no matter how painful it's been to endure or how embarrassing it is to admit - I've been married and divorced, engaged and disengaged, full of faith and hope and expectations for great things to come in my personal relationships and emptied of it all when it didn't come to pass as I had planned. But You are faithful; and You are forgiving. You are the God Who loves to redeem all things to bring beauty from ashes, joy from sadness, and hope from despair. You never tire of wanting Your best for each of us. "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23).


You gave Your best for me to me yesterday. In a small, private time of exchanging the vows of our hearts in our covenant with God and one another, I married the one I believe You have chosen for me - Sylvia Jackson Hays. And in my faith in You and knowing Who You are, I believe I am Your best for her. She's perfect for me! She's Spirit-filled, highly and accurately prophetic, smart, funny, drop dead gorgeous; both a financial advisor in the marketplace and a spiritual teacher in the church. But most of all, she's crazy about me and believes with all her heart You told her it would be an honor to be my wife. We both believe this is Your holy alignment for our Divine assignment and prophetic destiny in life and ministry for the extension of Your Kingdom through our lives in ways together we could never fulfill alone. "A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps" (Proverbs 16:9).


Lord, as best as I can and all by Your grace, help me love Sylvia like Christ loves the Church; help me honor her, encourage her, love and cherish her, lay down my life for her in every way You lead me. Let her know every day that I am Your gift to her. And remind me every day that she is Your gift to me. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Tommy & Sylvia Hays, married September 6, 2011

Tommy & Sylvia Hays

Married September 6, 2011


Please come join us in Lexington in October for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry for equipping and impartation in healnig praeyr ministry and prophetic ministry. Scholarships are available as needed so all can come. Please see our Events Calendar on the web site for details or to register on-line: