Thursday, October 20, 2011

"The Ancient Paths" - October 20

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Lead me beside Your still waters, in Your paths of righteousness, as You restore my soul, for Your name's sake. ...

"Thus says the Lord: Stand at the crossroads and look, and ask for the ancient paths, where the good way lies; and walk in it, and find rest for your souls" (Jeremiah 6:16).


As I begin this new day, I stand at the crossroads and look. As I go forward, throughout the moments of my day, with every encounter and every choice, I will continue to stand at the crossroads and look. I will look to see which way to go. And in a way, the crossroads are always the same-Your way or some other way.


So as I stand and as I look, I need to ask which way is Your way. Your way is "where the good way lies." You are "the Ancient One" (Daniel 7:22). And You desire to lead me in "the ancient paths"-the paths that are tested and true, laid out by You since before the foundation of time. These are "the paths of righteousness" that "lead me beside the still waters" where You "restore my soul" (Psalm 23:1-3, NJKV).


Sylvia and I spent a couple of days in the little mountain village of Betws-y-coed in North Wales. Each morning, we walked down the hill from the home where we were staying and over to the village. To get there we had to journey down the road, by the farm house, through the sheep gate, across the pastures, and on the bride over the river. Our path was an ancient one-well worn by centuries of generations and journeys. And though it was narrow, and in places a little muddy, it was tested and true, cleared of any obstacles to block our way to where we chose to go.


Lord, help me choose well where to go each day and throughout the moments of my day. Remind me to stand and look and ask, before I venture out on my own. Show me the ancient paths, tested and true, as I journey on for Your name's sake. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Come to The Fountain! this Friday Night October 21 at 7 pm, led by Messiah Ministries and hosted in the Chapel at Centenary UMC, 2800 Tates Creek Rd., Lexington, Kentucky.


Friends, Sylvia and I are ministering with our good friend Heather Butler in Wales and England the next few weeks in a variety of settings Heather has arranged for us. www.ourchurch.com/member/keys


We had an incredible time of teaching and ministry, leading a conference on healing prayer ministry with the RiverDee Community Church in Flint, North Wales, this past weekend: http://riverdeecommunitychurch.org.uk/

We've been invited to continue developing a strong relationship of ministry between us. This coming weekend, we will be in ministry at a church in Flint on Saturday and another church in Holyhead on Sunday throught the day and evening. We'll be speaking at the Full Gospel Businessman's meeting on Monday night, with times of pesonal prayer ministry all along the way. Please keep us in prayer! God bless you,

Tommy & Sylvia Hays