Tuesday, October 25, 2011

God's Heart for Businessmen and Women - October 25

Good morning, Lord Jesus. You're my Savior; You can move mountains; You are mighty to save. I give commit this day into Your hands. ...

"As Jesus was walking along, He saw a man called Matthew sitting at a tax booth; and He said to him, 'Follow Me.' And he got up and followed Him. As He sat at dinner in the house, many tax collectors and sinners were sitting with Him and His disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they said to His disciples, 'Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?' Be when He heard this, He said, 'Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. Go and learn what this means, 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have come to call not the righteous but sinners'" (Matthew 9:9-13).


Three hands went up in the air to pray to receive You as their Lord and Savior last night at a dinner meeting of the Full Gospel Businessmen's Association at Anglesey, Wales! Sylvia shared her testimony from her years as a business owner and financial advisor, while I shared mine from my years as a trial lawyer. Your Holy Spirit drew each of them there to that place in the hotel restaurant and there to that place in their hearts to say: "Yes, Lord Jesus; I give my life completely to You, with full assurance of my salvation in the peace of my heart." Praise God!


Lord, You're not willing that any should perish, but that all would repent and be saved (2 Peter 3:9). You want all to know they can be forgiven of every sin, freed from every burden of guilt and shame, and draw near to God through the sacrifice of Christ (John 3:16). And when You bring Your businessmen and women into Your Kingdom, You intend to express Your Kingdom through their lives in their business world. And so "the kingdoms of this world have become the Kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ; and He shall reign forever and ever!" (Revelation 11:15, NKJV). Praise God!


Lord, use my life in whatever sphere of influence You send me and strategically position me each day. Let Your light shine in me and shine through me to bring others to You. I want to shout for joy with the angels of heaven over every person who comes to faith in You! (Luke 15:10) Keep sending me to my neighborhood and sending me to the nations, with hope in my heart to see souls saved in Your name and lives changed in Your power. In Jesus' name I pray Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, thank you so much for your prayers for us as we travel through Wales this week in ministry. Sylvia and I are ministering with our good friend Heather Butler in Wales and England in a variety of settings Heather has arranged for us. www.ourchurch.com/member/keys At the end of this week, we'll be travelling down to South Wales to preach on Friday, then go to Somerset in southern England to lead a retreat on Saturday and preach on Sunday. Please keep us in prayer for the Lord's protection to be upon us, His provision to sustain us, and His power and love to flow through us.


At home, we would welcome your prayers to cover our ministry through some financial challenges. But we know our God is faithful and will bring us through as we keep our eyes on the Lord and humble ourselves to listen for His voice. Please keep us in prayer, and we are praying for you too! God bless you!


Tommy & Sylvia Hays