Monday, October 17, 2011

God’s Thoughts in My Mind - October 17

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is the name above every name. So I speak out Your name as my first word in these first moments of my day. ...


“Then my God put it into my mind to assemble the nobles and the officials and the people to be enrolled by genealogy” (Nehemiah 7:5).


Nehemiah was a spiritual leader, divinely called and strategically positioned to rebuild the city and the hearts of the people of Jerusalem (v. 2:4). And one of the ways You led him in his leadership of others was to put Your thoughts in his mind and Your desires in his heart. You gave him “a spirit of wisdom and revelation” in order to know Your will and understand Your leading for the divine assignments You entrusted to him (Ephesians 1:17).


Lord, I need Your wisdom. I’m to “seek the things that are above, where Christ is,” and I’m to “set (my) mind on things that are above, not things that are on earth” (Colossians 3:1-2). I want to see what You’re doing and hear what You’re saying. I desire for my plans to align with Your purposes and for my steps to be ordered by Your Spirit.


So as I begin each day seeking Your face, listening for Your voice, and discerning the leading of Your Spirit, I open my mind to Your thoughts and open my heart to Your desires. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. “For who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct Him?’ But we have the mind of Christ” if we will humble ourselves to seek and listen for Your leading (1 Corinthians 2:16).In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, Sylvia and I are ministering with our good friend Heather Butler in Wales and England the next few weeks in a variety of settings Heather has arranged for us. www.ourchurch.com/member/keys


We had an incredible time of teaching and ministry, leading a conference on healing prayer ministry with the RiverDee Community Church in Flint, North Wales, this past weekend: http://riverdeecommunitychurch.org.uk/ We've been invited to continue developing a strong relationship of ministry between us. Thank you so much for your prayers for us! God bless you,

Tommy & Sylvia Hays