Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"My Soul Waits in Silence" - October 4

Good morning, Lord Jesus. King of kings and Lord of lords, be King and Lord of all that I am and all that I have. ...

"For God alone my soul waits in silence, for my hope is from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my deliverance and my honor; my mighty rock, my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times, O people. Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us" (Psalm 62:5-8).


When I rise in the morning to sit in the silence to listen for Your voice, I'm entrusting my heart and thoughts to You. Everything else becomes dim in my view for these first few moments of the morning, when You alone are my focus. Here in the silence of surrender, here in the time of trusting, I reset the priorities of my life to remember that You alone are my rock and my salvation; You alone are my fortress and refuge; You are alone are my deliverance and honor; You alone are my God.


And as I pour out my heart before You and open up my heart for You, You draw near and hold me close. You lift my face and fill me up. You remind me that You know all about me-every need and burden, every worry and fear, every sin and failure, every hope and desire. You remind me that You're for me. "If God is for (me), who can be against (me)? (Romans 8:31) Then it's from that place of knowing Your steadfast love, Your constant gaze, and Your abiding Presence, that I rise and go forth to meet the day-trusting in the One Who alone is God. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


For those who can't come join us in person, we have our Level 1 and Level 2

4-Day Schools of Spiritual Ministry available on DVD, as well as my books and our other ministry resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources


It's not too late to sign up for our 4 Day School starting Wednesday! We're excited that the registrations for our upcoming Level 1 School of Spiritual Ministry indicate this may be our biggest class ever! Please come join us in Lexington in October for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry for equipping and impartation in healing prayer ministry and prophetic ministry. Scholarships are available as needed so all can come. Please see our Events Calendar on the web site for details or to register on-line: www.messiah-ministries.org