Monday, October 03, 2011

"A Tree of Life" - October 3

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me start this day and every day knowing I'm embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life" (Proverbs 13:12).


Lord, let my desires be Your desires. Let my longings, be Your longings. When You fulfill the desires that are consumed with Your desires and satisfy the longings that are driven by Your longings, they are a tree of life for me. They are like a tree planted by the waters that does not wither in the dry seasons and does not break in the storms. They bear the fruit of a life filled with peace and love and joy, no matter what challenges and circumstances may come.


You are the God Who "fulfills the desire of all who fear Him" and the God Who "watches over all who love Him" (Psalm 145:19-20). You are the God Who wants Your joy fulfilled in us (John 17:13). And You are the God Who invites us, "Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart" (Psalm 37:4).


Every day may not be like this day. But this day, my heart is full of gratitude and peace and joy. I woke up in my warm bed, next to my loving wife, after a wonderful night of fulfilling ministry with our New Life Community of friends with the home group from our church. My children are healthy and have Jesus in their hearts. I have productive work to do today that will make a difference in peoples' lives, as I help them trust You with their burdens and pain to be whole and free in the power of Your name.


Today, I have a confident hope in my heart that You are at work in my life, fulfilling the desires and satisfying the longings that You have placed there to guide my steps along the path of Your plan for my life. It's all by Your grace. Thank You for this day that You've given me the grace to recognize the fruit of this tree of life that's flourishing exceedingly, abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


For those who can't come join us in person, we have our Level 1 and Level 2

4-Day Schools of Spiritual Ministry available on DVD, as well as my books and our other ministry resources: www.messiah-ministries.org/resources


It's not too late to sign up for our 4 Day School starting Wednesday! We're excited that the registrations for our upcoming Level 1 School of Spiritual Ministry indicate this may be our biggest class ever! Please come join us in Lexington in October for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry for equipping and impartation in healing prayer ministry and prophetic ministry. Scholarships are available as needed so all can come. Please see our Events Calendar on the web site for details or to register on-line: www.messiah-ministries.org