Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Do All the Good You Can" - November 22

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Awaken my spirit, as I wait upon You. ...
"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to do it. Do not say to your neighbor, 'Go, and come again, tomorrow I will give it'-when you have it with you" (Proverbs 3:27-28).
Lord, give me Your Father heart today. A good father loves to give good gifts to his children (Luke 11:13). And You've given Your good gifts to me so much. So by the measure I've been given, let me give; freely I've received and freely I'm to give (Matthew 10:8). Show me who to whom I can be good today, just like You've been so good to me. Show me where I can give joyfully and generously, just like You've given so joyfully and generously to me. To whom much is given, much is required (Luke 12:48).
It's said that one of John Wesley's rules of life was, "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, as long as you ever can." It seems he had Your Spirit. And I want to have Your Spirit too. "The point is this: the one who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the one who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. Each of you must give as you have made up your mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to provide you with every blessing in abundance, so that by always having enough of everything, you may share abundantly in every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:6-8). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, You're Invited to the Messiah Ministries Christmas Gathering on December 2nd! Please come join us for a festive time with all our friends, 7-9 PM in the Foyer at Centenary UMC in Lexington, 2800 Tates Creek Road. Please let Marilyn Walker know if you're thinking of coming to help with our planning: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591


Tommy & Sylvia Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org