Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Offering of Thanksgiving-Soaked in Oil, Ablaze by Fire- November 23

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I give You thanks with a grateful heart and wait before You now, in these first moments of the morning, with a hungry spirit. ...
"This is the ritual of the sacrifice of the offering of well-being that one may offer to the Lord. If you offer it for thanksgiving, you shall offer with the thank offering unleavened cakes mixed with oil, unleavened wafers spread with oil, and cakes of choice flour well soaked in oil .... Your own hands shall bring the Lord's offering by fire ..." (Leviticus 7:11-30).
Soaked in oil, ablaze by fire-You desire my offering of thanksgiving to be Spirit-led and Spirit-filled. The oil speaks of a life to be soaked in Your Presence, and the fire speaks of a life to be ablaze with Your passion. This is "the ritual of the sacrifice" You desire. "I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship" (Romans 12:1).
In this season of thanksgiving, Lord, I offer to You as much of me as I can-all that I am and all that I have. Help me not hold back. Help me embrace the fullness of Your Presence and Your passion, for You and Your people, as I willing choose to live my life by the power of Your grace in the oil and fire of Your Spirit. "Through Christ, then, let us continually offer a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that confess His name! Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God" (Hebrews 13:15-16).

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

Friends, You're Warmly Invited to the Messiah Ministries Christmas Party on December 2nd. Please come join us for a festive time with all our friends, 7-9 PM in the Foyer at Centenary UMC in Lexington, 2800 Tates Creek Road. Please let Marilyn Walker know if you're thinking of coming to help with our planning: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591 Bring some friends!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org