Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Choosing to Trust in God - December 21

Good morning, Lord Jesus. May the nature of Christ be birthed and matured in me
today and every day. ...

"When Joseph awoke from sleep, he did as the angel of the Lord commanded him; he
took (Mary) as his wife, but had no marital relations with her until she had born
a Son; and he named Him Jesus" (Matthew 1:24-25).

Joseph had an opportunity to choose to be the husband and father You created him
to be. He could trust in his natural wisdom, his gut instincts, his first inclinations
or he could trust in You. But trusting in You meant stretching his faith beyond
what his eyes could see. Trusting in You meant believing in the supernatural realm
of angels and dreams and the voice of God speaking to men to direct their lives.
Trusting in You meant making choices about the most significant decisions he'd
ever make based upon the will of God and not his own, yielding control of his destiny
to a God he could only hear and follow by faith.

Lord, help me faithfully choose to completely trust in You. Give me eyes to see
what You're doing and ears to hear what You're saying. Help me continually stretch
beyond the realm of my natural reasoning into the realm of Your supernatural guidance.
"For we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). Like Joseph, help me grow
in my willingness and capacity to "trust in (You) with all (my) heart, and lean
not on (my) own understanding; in all (my) ways to acknowledge (You, knowing You)
shall direct (my) paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org
Friends, please keep Messiah Ministries in mind for your Year-end Giving, as you
join with us to advance the Kingdom of God. Every contribution is greatly appreciated
and truly needed. Thank you!

God bless you! Tommy & Sylvia Hays
www.messiah-ministries.org