Friday, December 02, 2011

Love, Obedience, and Faith - December 2

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Let me start this day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. ...
"For the love of God is this, that we obey His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome, for whatever is born of God conquers the world. And this is the victory that conquers the world, our faith. Who is it that conquers the world but the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?" (1 John 5:3-5)
Love, obedience, and faith-these three expressions of my relationship with You will determine whether I will conquer the world or the world will conquer me. This is the bottom line. As Your Word declares: "The only thing that counts is faith working through love" (Galatians 5:6).
Lord, let my faith be expressed in my love; and let my love be expressed in my actions. Lord Jesus, You are the Son of God; and we are sons and daughters of God because we believe in You, we embrace Your Spirit to fill our hearts, and we allow Your love to work through our lives. "So we have known and believe the love God has for us. God is love, and those who abide in love, abide in God, and God abides in them. Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness on the day of judgment, because as He is, so are we in this world" (1 John 4:16-17). So as best as I can and all by Your grace, let me be more like You in this world. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Dear Friends,
You're Warmly Invited to the Messiah Ministries Christmas Party Tonight, December 2nd. Please come join us for a festive time with all our friends, 7-9 PM in the Foyer at Centenary UMC in Lexington, 2800 Tates Creek Road. Please let Marilyn Walker know if you're thinking of coming, which will help with our planning: DirOfMinistries@aol.com or 859-317-1591 Bring some friends!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays
Orange