Thursday, December 08, 2011

Love Revealed through Obedience - December 8

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I love You, Lord-Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-with all
my heart, mind, soul, and strength. I want to start and end this day full of love
for You. ...

"The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills
the desire of all who fear Him; He also hears their cry, and saves them. The Lord
watches over all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy. My mouth will
speak the praise of the Lord, and all flesh will bless His holy name forever and
ever" (Psalm 145:18-21).

Lord, I want to love You passionately and fear You obediently. Let my love be reflected
in my obedience, and let my obedience flow out of my love. There's no true love
of God without obedience to God. As You have said, "If you love Me, you will keep
My commandments" (John 14:15).

You fulfill the desires of those who honor You, yet destroy the wicked who reject
You. You draw near to all who draw near to You, revealing Yourself to all who seek
You in truth. So teach me how to both love You and fear You, to draw near to You
in intimacy and also submit to You in obedience. Let my love be revealed by my
actions, as You have required: "They who have My commandments and keep them are
those who love Me.... Those who love Me will keep My Word ..." (John 14:21-23).
In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, please remember Messiah Ministries in your Year-end Giving to the Kingdom
of God  All your encouragement and support is truly needed and greatly appreciated! Thank
you and God bless you!