Thursday, January 26, 2012

Listen and Give Heed - January 26

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You in spirit and seek You in truth; I wait on You with hunger and trust in You by faith. I want to start this new day rooted and grounded in Your Word, firmly secure in Your love, and in deep communion with Your Spirit. ...

"Listen to Me, you that pursue righteousness, you that seek the Lord. Look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug.... Listen to Me, My people, and give heed to Me, My nation; for a teaching will go out from Me, and My justice for a light to the peoples. I will bring near My deliverance swiftly, My salvation has gone out and My arms will rule the peoples; the coastlands wait for Me and for My arm they hope.... My salvation will be forever, and My deliverance will never be ended" (Isaiah 51:1-6).


O Lord, My God, stir up my spirit to pursue righteousness. Stir up the spirit of my city, my nation, my people to pursue righteousness - to be right with You, right with one another, right within ourselves. Move us and enable us to listen to You, to give heed to You. May we embrace Your teaching and enforce Your justice. May we be expectant in Your hope. And may we see Your swift deliverance and experience the fullness of Your salvation.


Stretch forth Your arm to rule and Your hand to heal. Send forth Your Spirit to awaken us and empower us to be all You've created and called us to be. "Awake, awake; put on strength, O arm of the Lord! Awake, as in days of old, the generations of long ago! ...So the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sadness shall flee away!" (v. 51:9-11)


Yes, Lord; let it be so in me and in my land, in our generation, as in the generations of long ago. And yet, let it be so in our generation as never before. "But as it is written, 'What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love Him' - these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God" (1 Corinthians 2:9-10). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

5th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit
January 27-28, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
"Contend for the Faith" -- A regional gathering to seek the Word of the Lord for our city and region for 2012, hosted this year at East Second Street Christian Church in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. Coach D will speak and lead us in prayer on Fatherhood. Margaret Therkelsen, author and spiritual mother in our city, will be speaking and leading us in prayer Friday Night. Bishop Morton of Frankfort and the State-wide Prayer Movement, with other prayer leaders and worship leaders will lead us throughout the weekend. All are welcome! Please spread the word! (Flyer Below)
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Messiah Ministries' School of Spiritual Ministry - Level 2
February 1-4, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
Equipping and empowering leaders for healing prayer and prophetic ministry to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. Led by Tommy & Sylvia Hays of Messiah Ministries. Request the dvd's to watch from Level 1 and you can still attend Level 2. Some partial scholarships are available so all can attend and be trained.
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar