Monday, January 16, 2012

Spiritual Eyes - January 16

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me into the deep place of prayer, Your Spirit in communion with my spirit, as I start this day centered in Your Presence and grounded in Your Word. ...

When an attendant of the man of God rose early in the morning and went out, an army with horses and chariots was all around the city. His servant said, 'Alas, master! What shall we do?' He replied, 'Do not be afraid, for there are more with us than there are with them.' Then Elisha prayed, 'O Lord, please open his eyes that he may see.' So the Lord opened the eyes of the servant, and he saw; the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha" (2 Kings 6:15-17).


O Lord, open my eyes that I may see. Let my natural eyes be open to see the people and circumstances that I'll encounter today, being fully alive and fully engaged with all my natural senses. But also let my spiritual eyes be open to see the fullness of the spiritual reality beyond my senses.


With "the eyes of (my) heart" open to the truth of Your power and Presence all around me, I will not falter or fear in where You lead me to go and what You call me to do, by the power of the grace of God today (Ephesians 1:17-18). Some may trust in horses, some may trust in chariots; some may trust in the worldly wisdom and strength of natural insight and natural senses alone; but I will trust in the Lord, my God (Psalm 20:7). In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
Come to The Fountain! This Friday Night, Jan 20th at 7 pm for our Messiah Ministries monthly city-wide gathering for prayer, praise, and healing worship on the 3rd Friday of every month. Come drink deeply from The Fountain of Living Waters as we worship Jesus in the freedom of His Holy Spirit and the loving embrace of the Father heart of God. Andrew Eberheart from Asbury will be leading in worship, while Sylvia and I will be leading in prayer and ministry this month. All are welcome! Please come and spread the word!

Messiah Ministries' School of Spiritual Ministry - Level 2
February 1-4, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
Equipping and empowering leaders for healing prayer and prophetic ministry to heal the brokenhearted and set the captives free in the name of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit. Led by Tommy & Sylvia Hays of Messiah Ministries. Request the dvd's to watch from Level 1 and you can still attend Level 2. Some partial scholarships are available so all can attend and be trained.  www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

5th Annual Greater Lexington Strategic Prayer Summit
January 27-28, 2012 in Lexington, Kentucky
"Contend for the Faith" -- A regional gathering to seek the Word of the Lord for our city and region for 2012, hosted this year at East Second Street Christian Church in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. All are welcome!
www.messiah-ministries.org/calendar

Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!
Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries
www.messiah-ministries.org