Wednesday, May 09, 2012

A Better Covenant, More Intimate Relationship - May 9

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Father, Son and Holy Spirit, fill my spirit, soul and body with Your Presence and Your peace and Your purpose. ...

"After this David inquired of the Lord, 'Shall I go up into any of the cities of Judah?" The Lord said to him, 'Go up.' David said, 'To which shall I go up?' He said, 'To Hebron.' So David went up there.... Then the people of Judah came, and there they anointed David king over the house of Judah.... The time that David was king in Hebron over the house of Judah was seven years and six months" (2 Samuel 2:1-11).


David humbled himself to hear Your voice. He listened carefully for Your leading. He inquired specifically for Your specific instructions. And You answered him and guided him through the seasons of his life into his calling and destiny.


Yet David lived out his life and relationship with You under the old covenant of the law. But now, through Christ, we can live out our lives and relationship with You under "a better covenant, which has been enacted under better promises" (Hebrews 8:6). Now Your law with Your will and ways are written "in (our) minds" and "on (our) hearts" so that we can all know You deeply and intimately "from the least of (us) to the greatest"-weather we are called to be kings or anything else in all Your Kingdom (Hebrews 8:10-11).


Lord, let me know You more deeply and intimately. Let me hear Your voice and follow Your leading by the guidance of Your Spirit in my mind and on my heart. Remind me to always humbly inquire of You and then faithfully continue to abide in constant communion with You, throughout the moments of my day. In this great gift of personal relationship with You under this intimate covenant with You, let me know my identity and fulfill my destiny, through all the seasons of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Friends, please come join us Saturday, May 12, for our Dream Interpretation Teaching in Frankfort, Kentucky at 10 AM, with Lunch included. Hosted by Bishop William Morton at Thou Kingdom Come Ministries, 3445 Versailles Rd, Frankfort, KY 40601.



We will also be presenting this teaching at the Lexington Aglow Ministries monthly meeting on Tuesday May 15 hosted at Southern Hills UMC in Lexington, Ky. All are welcome. Please come and spread the word!