Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Personal Pentecost - May 22

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours, and You are mine. Draw near to me, as I draw near to You. I abide in You, as You abide in me. ...

"While staying with them, He ordered them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait there for the promise of the Father. 'This,' He said, 'is what you have heard from Me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.... You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:4-8).


Every morning, I want to wait on You to be clothed with Your power before going out into my day. Every morning, I want to wait for the My Father's promise of a fresh filling of Your Holy Spirit. Every morning, I want to wait for Your holy fire to fall and Your Holy Spirit to arise in my daily encounter with the Living God in these moments of personal Pentecost.


I don't want to get up and go anywhere without You. I don't want to do anything in my own power, in my own wisdom, out of my own will apart from Yours. I want to yield and surrender all to You. Then I can be Your witness, without tooting my own horn. Then I can seek Your glory, without seeking to build my own kingdom. Then I can bear much from that will last forever, without wasting the time and talents You've entrusted to me like so much wood and hay and stubble that will only last as long as the next strong wind.


Come, Holy Spirit. Fill me afresh today. I thirst for You in the intimate communion of prayer and the desperate cry of my heart for my personal Pentecost. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, thank you for praying for us at our School of Ministry last weekend hosted with Pastor Jeff Bealmear at First Methodist Church in Aledo, Illinois. The Lord moved mightily, with many being activated into their spiritual gifts and with many experiences of healnig and breakthrough. Then during our time of Holy Communion and impartation at the close Sunday night, anointing oil was supernaturally flowing through Sylvia's hands, as we prayed blessings for everyone. That's never happened before and was very exciting! We felt like it was a physical expression of the spiritual grace that the anointing of the Holy Spirit was breaking the yokes of spiritual bondage and destroying the works of darkness (Isaiah 10:27; 1 John 3:8).


We had a great time with our great friends at Door of Life Ministries in Greensburg, Illinois last night, as Sylvia spoke on prophetic dream interpretation. We are lining up meetings on our travels in June through North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas. Please come join us whenever you can and keep us in your prayers. We will be updating our events on the web-site:



Be empowered, equipped, and encouraged to fulfill your destiny in Christ!

Tommy & Sylvia Hays | Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out