Thursday, May 10, 2012

“A True Heart in Full Assurance of Faith” - May 10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak out Your name, lift up my eyes, and open up my heart. Speak, Lord, for I am listening. 


“Therefore, my friends, since we have confidence to enter the sanctuary by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that He opened for us through the curtain (that is, through His flesh), and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us approach with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who has promised is faithful” (Hebrews 10:19-20).



By the power of Your grace, by the blood of Jesus, I will not waver, but hold fast. I will not hold back, but press in. I will not give up, but surrender all.



You remind me of Your promises to remind me how to pray. You remind me of Your prophecies to remind me what to believe. You remind me of Your nature to remind me to trust.



Only by the blood of Jesus can I have clean hands and a pure heart. Only by the blood of Jesus can I enter into the holy place of Your abiding Presence. Only by the blood of Jesus can I call out Your name, lift up my eyes and open up my heart to embrace this gift of “a true heart in full assurance of faith.” So by the blood of Jesus, I do. By the grace of God, I hold fast to this confession of my hope without wavering. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.