Monday, September 10, 2012

"Pounded by the Storm" - September 10

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I look to You and call on Your name - Master, Savior, Jesus. ...


"We were being pounded by the storm.... Paul then stood up and said, 'Men, you should have listened to me and not set sail from Crete and thereby avoided this damage and loss. I urge you now to keep up your courage.... For last night there stood by me an angel of the God to whom I belong and to whom I worship, and he said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul....' So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will be exactly as I have been told' " (Acts 27:18-25).


Lord God Almighty, I belong to You; I worship You; and I have faith in You. Thank You for standing by me through every storm. Thank You for Your mercy and steadfast love, even when I don't always do as I'm told and even when I act on my own, without first asking You. Thank You for Your heart and Your power to even redeem the damage and loss, as I humble myself to entrust it You.


So I will take courage and I will not fear. I will embrace Your words into my spirit whenever I feel pounded by the storm: "Peace, be still" (Mark 4:39). You are my Redeemer, the God who causes all things to work together for my good (Romans 8:28). You are the God who uses all things to make me more like You (Romans 8:29). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Messiah Ministries

Healing from the Inside Out

2800 Tates Creek Road

Lexington, Kentucky 40502