Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"Rend Your Hearts" - October 24

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Draw me in to the deep place of trust and surrender in the confident security of Your unfailing love. ...


"Yet even now, says the Lord, return to Me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning; rend your hearts and not your clothing" (Joel 2:12-13).


Above all, You desire our hearts - not our religious rituals, not our righteous deeds, not our outward displays that only serve to mask what's really going on inside. At the deepest level, it seems You simply want us to love You, love one another, and love ourselves, while fully embracing the gift and grace of Your great love for us. As You said long ago: " 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets' " (Matthew 22:37-40).


When we get our hearts right, everything else begins to fall into place and come into alignment (Matthew 6:33). Lord, help me turn to You with all my heart. And whenever my heart begins to turn away or turn inside because of the heartaches or failed hopes or false promises of this broken, fallen world, help me return to You with all my heart. Help me trust You and obey You because I love You from the inside out. Then let my words and actions, my decisions and direction flow out of what You're doing in my heart (Matthew 12:33-37). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, I pray the Holy Spirit will fill your heart today with God's love that will shape your choices and set your direction in line with His best plan for your day and for your life. Please pray the same for me, my friend. God bless you!
Scholarships are Available so all can come for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry in Lexington, Kentucky November 7-10, 2012.
Be equipped and empowered to fulfill your destiny in Christ! Please send me an email reply if you're interested (tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org) Many have already signed up, locally and from different states, so we are every excited and expectant. These are always very powerful and encouraging spiritual meetings. Please spread the word to anyone who might be interested.
Please keep us in prayer as I minister in San Antonio, Texas this week in partnership with Rapha God Ministries in inner healing, Sozo prayer ministry (www.RaphaGodMinistries.com)
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502