Friday, October 26, 2012

"Servants of God" - October 26

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I worship You -Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - in spirit and truth, with all that I am, yielded to You, as best as I can and all by Your grace. ...

"We put no obstacle in anyone's way, so that no fault may be found with our ministry, but as servants of God we commend ourselves in every way: through great endurance, in affliction, hardships, calamities, beatings, imprisonments, tumults, labor, watching, hunger; by purity, knowledge, forbearance, kindness, the Holy Spirit, genuine love, truthful speech, and the power of God; with the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and for the left; in honor and dishonor, in ill repute and good repute. We are treated as imposters and yet are true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as punished, and yet not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing everything" (2 Corinthians 6:3-10).


Lord, I fall short of Your glory every day. And as much as I want to honor You with all my life as a faithful servant and honoring son of the Most High God, I often fall short of the mark. So all I know to do, and in the end, all I really can do, is lift up my eyes, open up my heart, and keep entrusting myself to You. Only You can truly change me. And it's only You that I need to seek to please - not seeking to live up to anyone else's expectations or do their will, but "doing the will of God from the heart" (Ephesians 6:6).


So will I daily throw myself upon the mercy of God and live my life, moment by moment, desperately depending upon the grace of God? Yes, I will. Apart from You, I can do nothing (John 15:5). But Your grace is sufficient for me (2 Corinthians 12:9). That's not my prideful presumption upon Your grace; that's my humble acknowledgment of my desperate dependence upon Your power for every good and pleasing moment of my life. This is the kind of servant and disciple I want to be, because this the kind of servant and disciple I believe You desire. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Tommy, may God's grace abound in every area of your life and ministry as a faithful servant of God, seeking to please Him alone today. Please pray the same for me, my friend. God bless you!
Scholarships are Available so all can come for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry in Lexington, Kentucky November 7-10, 2012.
Be equipped and empowered to fulfill your destiny in Christ! Please send me an email reply if you're interested (tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org) Many have already signed up, locally and from different states, so we are every excited and expectant. These are always very powerful and encouraging spiritual meetings. Please spread the word to anyone who might be interested.
Please keep us in prayer as I minister in San Antonio, Texas this week in partnership with Rapha God Ministries in inner healing, Sozo prayer ministry (www.RaphaGodMinistries.com)
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502