Monday, October 01, 2012

"Telling the Glory of God" - October 1

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I begin my day looking to You, speaking Your name, listening for Your voice. ...


"The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims His handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world" (Psalm 19:1-4).


All the heavens and all the earth are the work of Your hands. They are a manifestation of Your creativity and an expression of Your desires. You thought; You spoke; and so they are. As we see the beauty and intricacy and wisdom of what You have done, we see a measure of who You are.


And so it is with us. The things we do are an expression of who we are. The choices we make and what we create is a manifestation of what comes from within. As You have said: "No good tree bears bad fruit, nor again does a bad tree bear good fruit; for each tree is known by its own fruit.... The good person out of the good treasures of the heart produces good, and the evil person out of the evil treasure produces evil; for it is out of the abundance of the heart that the mouth speaks" (Luke 6:43-46).


Lord, renew my mind and cleanse my heart. Change me from the inside out to make me more like You each day. Let the words I speak and the things I do come from a place that's completely surrendered to You and being conformed to Your image (Romans 8:29). Let my life be a good tree that bears good fruit.


I want the handiwork of my hands and spheres of influence around me that I help shape to display Your goodness and Your glory, because my heart and soul and are aligned with Yours. I know I have far to go and I still fail far too often, but as best as I can and all by Your grace, I entrust myself to You and Your plan for my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


Tommy, may Your life tell of the glory of God today, expressing what He has done in you and now does through you. Even if you have to make difficult or painful choices, may you live them out in such a way that honors God, despite the cirucmstances. Please pray the same for me, my friend. God bless you!
I'm excited to be sharing the morning devotional today with the prayer team at Rapha God Ministries in San Antonio, Texas, led by great friends of mine, and joining in some prayer ministry with them while I am here (www.RaphaGodMinistries.com).
 
Friends, I'll be speaking in Harrodsburg, Kentucky this weekend of Oct 5-7, hosted by Prodigal Ministries, Hebrew Roots Fellowship at the Mercer County Fairgrounds ( www.ProdigalMin.org ):
Tabernacles 2012 - Spiritual Empowerment
"Equipping the Saints for the Season of His Return"
Friday Oct. 5th 7:00 pm; Sat Oct 6th Times TBA; Sun Oct 7th 7:00 pmPlease come join us if you can!
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502