Monday, November 26, 2012


Morning by Morning, November 26 - Junction of the Cross and Our Nation


Good morning, Lord Jesus. Be at the center of my thoughts and the foundation of my day. ...


"Jesus said to them, 'Have you never read in the Scriptures: 'The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone; this was the Lord's doing, and it is amazing in our eyes'? Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people that produces the fruits of the kingdom. The one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and it will crush anyone on whom it falls' " (Matthew 21:42-44).


Last night I took a drive along the Llano River running through the Texas Hill Country outside the town of Junction. When I came around a grove of oak trees and looked up on the high ridge overlooking the community, I was startled by three bright images up on high - a nearly full moon, a big American flag, and a lighted cross.


It was stunning. And for some reason, I couldn't stop weeping. I pulled over and could feel Your Holy Spirit stirring in the depths of my gut, but I wasn't really sure why. So I prayed. I found myself praying for our nation - repenting of our sins, and remembering our dedication to be a nation under God and a city on a hill, shining like a beacon of freedom and hope in a dark world. I found myself repenting of my sins and remembering my calling to give my life completely to You. I found myself praying for the peace of Jerusalem and the healing of the nations. Then I found myself being thankful for the blessings we have and hopeful to remember there is a people who are called by Your name, still looking up to the cross and turning to You in prayer, all over this land.


As the burden of prayer seemed to lift, I felt that I was lifted too - lifted in my heart, in my spirit, in my hope for good and amazing things yet to come, even in the midst of difficult times that may be ahead. Lord, let us be a nation that turns to you from the heart of Your people across our land, remembering our calling and fulfilling our destiny. Like a full moon in the night's sky, still reflecting the light of the sun despite the darkness, let us return to the place where we reflect the nature of the Son of God as one nation under God. Lord, begin in me, as I begin this day bowing before You. Let there be a junction in our hearts and our land between the cross and our nation. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, may you be overwhelmed and undone with a passion for our God and stirring to prayer for our land to fulfill our destiny and honor God. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend.

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502