Monday, November 05, 2012

Morning by Morning, November 5 - The Better Part of the Better Place


Good morning, Lord Jesus. I speak Your name and seek Your nature, as I open my heart and lift my eyes to You in these first moments of my morning. ...


"But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to (Jesus) and asked, 'Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me.' But the Lord answered her, 'Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her' " (Luke 10:40-42).


Martha had a personal relationship with You; and out of that relationship, she felt led to be very busy and always at work. When she pointed out her sister's failure to join with her in the work she was doing, she assumed she knew Your will and Your answer to her complaint, even before hearing Your response. She insisted of You, "Tell her then to help me."


But that's not what You did because that wasn't Your will. In fact, it was Martha, the one busy about the work of the kingdom or at least the "many tasks" she felt were the work of Your kingdom, who received Your correction. What she understood to be the pressure of Your will turned out to be a false pressure of worry, which became an idol and distraction, keeping her from the true intimacy of the personal relationship You both desired. Martha mistakenly thought she was in a better than her sister in Your eyes, but she had not chosen the better part at all.


Lord, I want to choose the better part. I want to be in the best place, the most intimate place, in my personal relationship with You. Forgive me for getting distracted and overcome with worry for the things I assume are Your will, without first drawing near to hear what really is. And forgive me for judging others of how they should be expressing their relationship with You, even as You free me from those same judgments of others as well. Lead us all to choose the better part, the better place - the place of intimacy in Your Presence where we can truly hear Your voice and obey Your will, so we can truly be about the work of Your kingdom in Your way and in Your time. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

Friends, may the Holy Spirit draw you into the deep place of intmacy with God to hear His voice and know His will for the moments of Your day, flowing out of your deeply personal relationship with Him. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my freiend.
Scholarships are Available so all can come for our 4 Day School of Spiritual Ministry in Lexington, Kentucky November 7-10, 2012.
All Alumni of past schools are welcome to come for free and to help minister to the students. Be equipped and empowered to fulfill your destiny in Christ! Please send me an email reply if you're interested (tommyhays@messiah-ministries.org) We are every excited and expectant. These are always very powerful and encouraging spiritual meetings. Please spread the word to anyone who might be interested.
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502