Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Morning by Morning, December 19 - "Filled with the Holy Spirit"


Good morning, Lord Jesus. All the moments of my day are already in Your hands, so I take these first moments of my day to deliberately entrust myself completely to You, as best as I can and all by Your grace. ...


"But the angel said to him, 'Do not be afraid, Zechariah, for your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will name him John ... even before his birth he will be filled with the Holy Spirit' " (Luke 1:13-15).


Even before he could speak with his voice and even before he could draw breath with his lungs, You filled John with Your Holy Spirit. He had never heard the Scripture with his physical ears, still being fashioned and formed in his mother's womb. He had never bowed down at the altar on his physical knees, still being woven and knit together by the hand of God as an unborn child. Yet his human spirit was fully alive and now fully filled with the Spirit of God even before his birth.


This was Your will for John's life to accomplish Your purposes in the people of his generation, in ways he never could apart from the fullness of Your Spirit freely filling him and freely flowing through him. And this is Your will for each one of us in our own generation-to "be filled with the Spirit" (Ephesians 5:18). This is "from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He has poured out" now in abundance upon the earth, upon all flesh; for "this promise is for (us), for (our) children, and for all who are far away, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to Him" (Acts 2:33-39).


Daddy Abba, my Father God, fill me afresh with Your Holy Spirit today. Let me accomplish all You have purposed in Your heart for my day and for my life through the fullness of the Presence and power of Your Spirit. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I want to do my part in my generation. It seems You didn't choose to fill me with Your Spirit in my mother's womb like John, but You've filled me now; so help me not waste another moment of the time I have to fulfill Your purposes through my life, all in Your timing and all in Your way. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



My Friend, I pray you will be filled afresh with the Holy Spirit of the Living God today and every day to fulfill your purposes in our generation with the Presence and power of God's Spirit abiding in you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend. Merry Christmas!



Friends, I was spending time with a family yesterday, when the conversation turned to talking about how our greatest need is to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ in our hearts. One of the ladies said, "That's what I need." So together we prayed that prayer. Praise God! Thank you for all the ways you pray for me so that I can be led by God's Spirit in the lives He brings across my path every day. I pray the same for you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502