Tuesday, January 01, 2013


Morning by Morning, January 1 - "Everything Has Become New"


Good morning, Lord Jesus. Your name is my first word in these first moments of this first day of this new year, 2013. May Your name be high and lifted up over every moment of every day of my life this year. ...


"So if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)


Today is begins a new year - at least on the Gregorian Calendar of my culture, if not the Hebrew calendar that seems to truly mark the times and seasons and cycles of our lives according the bigger picture of Your eternal, unfolding plan. But I have high hopes for all You have planned for me in this year to come. It's a holy adventure of faith to fully entrust all my days into Your hands.


So help me let go of this past year, with all its high mountains and deep valleys, so I can fully take hold of all that You have for me now. You've not wasted a moment, but in a sense, it's all only preparation for is to come. Behold, the old has passed away in Christ. Behold, all things have become new in You. It is a new day, and I intend to arise and shine, to find my place, all by Your grace, in Your unfolding plan and my adventure of faith (Isaiah 60:1). I know it's going to be good (Jeremiah 29:11).


Let this be my perspective and attitude as I begin the adventure of this new year: "I want to know Christ and the power of His resurrection and the sharing of His sufferings by becoming like Him in His death, if somehow I may attain the resurrections from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or have already reached the goal; but I press on to make it my own, because Christ has made me His own. Beloved, I do not consider that I have made it my own, but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal of the prize of the heavenly call of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:10-14). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays




My Friend, by the power of God's grace, may you let go of the past and press on toward the goal of the prize of the heavenly call of God for your life this year, with great favor and blessings of the Lordour God in the name of Jesus for all you need to fulfill His good plans for you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend and Happy New Year!


After a long season of fasting and prayer, I'm excited that I will begin a transition back to Texas after my twenty year season of life, equipping, and ministry in Kentucky. Thank you for being a part and continuing to join wtih me in the great adventure of faith and journey of prayer, my friend!
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502