Monday, January 07, 2013


Morning by Morning, January 7 - The God of New Beginnings


Good morning, Lord Jesus. I am Yours and You are mine. In both humility before You and passion toward You, I join with You - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - in the Divine romance through the communion of prayer. Help me hear what You would say to me in these first moments of my morning with You today. ...


"In the year King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lofty, and the hem of His robe filled the temple. Seraphs were in attendance above Him... And one called to another and said, 'Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of His glory!' The pivots on the threshold shook at the voices of those who called, and the house was filled with smoke. And I said, 'Woe is me! I am lost, for I am a man of unclean lips; yet my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts!' Then one of the seraphs flew to me, holding the live coal that had been taken from the altar with a pair of tongs. The seraph touched my mouth with it and said: 'Now that this has touched your lips, your guilt has departed and your sin is blotted out.' Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?' And I said, 'Here am I; send me!' " (Isaiah 6:8)


You're the God of new beginnings. You're the God who makes all things new, who loves to bring life from death and beauty from ashes (v. 61:3). You forgive us of our sins; You heal us of our wounds; You free us from our chains. With one touch of Your holy fire, You turn our shame into praise and our brokenness into breakthrough, giving us a passion to love You and serve You with all our heart wherever You send us.


As the last season came to a close, as dominion of what had ruled his life in the past came to an end, Isaiah saw You and saw himself in ways he had never seen You before. You didn't change, but You changed him. You shook him to the floor and shook him to his core, at the very threshold of the place where it seemed everything around him was being shaken and undone. But that's when You gave him eyes to see what had been there all along, already prepared for the day of His Divine encounter and new assignment. You closed the door of his past and opened the door of the next journey of his destiny, because You're the God who closes the doors no one can open and opens the doors no one can shut (v. 22:22).


Thank You for the fires and the shakings of my life, even when it's sometimes hard to know it You at the time. Thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the healing of my wounds, and freedom from my chains. Thank You for giving me eyes to see You and see myself in the progressive revelation of Your unfolding plans for my life. Thank You for new life in Your Spirit that can only come through death to my flesh and new beginnings that can only come by moving forward through the shaking thresholds of everything I held onto for security but You alone. Here I am, Lord. Send me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



Friends, I pray you would encounter God through every fire and shaking you may encounter in this season and the seasons to come, knowing our God is faithful and He will bring you through and send you forth to fulfill all His plans for your life. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


I made it to San Antonio last night to go into my new office and embrace my new beginnings of this next season of life and ministry back in Texas today. I'm very excited. Sunday morning I went to hear Chuck Pierce at Glory of Zion International Ministries near Dallas and had a Divine encounter at the altar during the prayer ministry time. The Holy Spirit filled me with overwhelming joy! And I pray that blessing of God's overwhelming joy for you too, my friend!



In this new season, I will still be leading Messiah Ministries, but also joining in leadership as the Pastoral Director of Rapha God Ministries based in San Antonio, Texas, continuing my calling of equipping and ministry of inner healing -- healing from the inside out -- to see God's people set from from their past and awakened to their identity and destiny in Christ. I'll also continue to share these morning prayers, teach our 4 Day Schools in Kentucky and elsehere, and still travel to speak and minister as the Lord leads with the relationships we've established and the new ones to be formed, at home and abroad.


For a few months of transition, the Messiah Ministries mailing address in Lexington will remain the same, but I will be moving into my new office and the new base for ministry will be at: 4 Dominion Drive, Building 1; San Antonio, Texas 78257 www.RaphaGodMinistries.com


God bless you and thank you for all your prayers and frienship!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
2800 Tates Creek Road
Lexington, Kentucky 40502