Monday, February 11, 2013

Morning by Morning, February 11 - First Prayers of Praise


Good morning, Lord Jesus. Holy are You; worthy of are You, of all glory, honor, power, and praise. I lift up my eyes and open up my heart to listen for Your leading as I begin my day in the communion of prayer with You, O God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. ...


"I will extol you, my God and King, and bless Your name forever and ever. Every day I will bless You, and praise Your name forever and ever.... The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth.... My mouth will speak the praise of the Lord, and all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever" (Psalm 145).


Before I think of myself, I want to think of You. Before I start to ask You to help me and guide me and bless me, before I start to ask You to help and guide and bless those who are on my heart, I want to think of You. You are worthy of my first thoughts, my first words, my first prayers of praise.


We tend to go in the direction we're looking. We tend to find what we're truly seeking. And we tend to draw near to the one we're passionately pursuing. So as I look to You in worship and praise and prayer, as I seek You will all my heart, as I passionately pursue You in spirit and truth, I become aware You're so near to me already. Then I remember the promise of Your Word: "When you call upon Me and come and pray to Me, I will hear you. When you search for Me, you will find Me; if you seek Me with all your heart, I will let you find Me, says the Lord..." (Jeremiah 29:12-14). And so I do, all by the power and passion of Your grace. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays



My Friend, I pray the Holy Spirit would awaken you every morning with prayers of praise to God, as you begin You day deliberately in His Presence in the communion of prayer. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Bldg 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257