Wednesday, February 27, 2013


Morning by Morning, February 27 - "My Strength and My Shield"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I intentionally choose to position myself in the communion of prayer to start my day embraced by the Father, centered in Christ, and filled with the Holy Spirit. Help me listen now, as I welcome Your Presence and wait for Your leading.  ....

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; In Him my heart trusts; so I am helped and my heart exults; and with my song I give thanks to Him" (Psalm 28:7).

I awoke with these words in my spirit and found them in Your Word-"my strength and my shield." You are my strength to stand firm in the faith, to persist in prayer for the promises of Your Word, to resist the temptations and snares of our broken and fallen world. You are my shield to defend me from the schemes of my spiritual enemy, to guard my heart from being led astray for a sincere and pure devotion to Christ, to filter out the accusations and condemnations that would ever want me to believe that I'm anything less than who You say I am.

In You, I trust and I am helped. In You, my heart exults and my spirit sings. And in You, I will arise from this place of prayer, strengthened and shielded in Your Word, anointed by Your Spirit to boldly go forth to meet the challenges of my day. "The Lord is the strength of His people; He is the saving refuge of His anointed" (v. 8). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend,  I pray the Lord Himself will be your strength and your shield today. Go forth bodily, knowing guards your heart and guides your spirit. He is your saving refuge and you are His anointed. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out

Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Bldg 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257