Tuesday, March 19, 2013


Morning by Morning, March 19 - Jesus His Face Like Flint Toward Obedience

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I yield my will to Your will, my thoughts to Your thoughts, and my desires to Your desires.  ...

"While Jesus was going up to Jerusalem, He took the twelve disciples aside by themselves, and said to them on the way, 'See, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be handed over to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death; then they will hand Him over to the Gentiles to be mocked and flogged and crucified; and on the third day He will be raised" (Matthew 20:17-19).

You counted the cost and were willing to pay it. You knew what would to come and went anyway. Though You were secure in Your identity as the Messiah of Israel and Savior of all, You were also certain of Your destiny - both in the hands of men and in the hands of God the Father:  "I gave my back to those who struck me, and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; I did not hide my face from insult and spitting. The Lord God helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; therefore I have set my face like flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame; He who vindicates me is near" (Isaiah 50:6-8, prophesying of the suffering and vindication of the coming Messiah and also all who would become part of the Body of Messiah, the Body of Christ).

Sometimes we seek You for a word. Sometimes we beg and plead to know how it's all going to work out. But in Your mercy and grace, we rarely know the details or the fullness of what lies ahead. If we did, it's likely that few of us would stay the course and pursue the cause. No doubt, we'd rationalize our way out of our obedience. But not You. You "set Your face like flint" toward Jerusalem and all that that would imply.

Lord, give me patience to rest in Your plans and purposes for my journey ahead. Let me know what I need to know and let me let go of what I don't. You've promised us and prepared us that Your disciples are not above our teacher; and as You suffered and endured for Your faith and convictions, so will we in this world (Matthew 10:24). So help me set my face like flint toward You each day, taking one day at a time into my destiny, secure in my identity. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen. 

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My friend,  may you be empowered by God to rest in His plans and purposes for your life, secure in You identity in Christ and confident in the fulfillment of the destiny He's planned for you. Know His grace will get you through. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
  
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257