Monday, April 01, 2013


Morning by Morning, April 1 - Believe in the One with the Power of Love

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My heart overflows with love for You - my Savior, my King, my Best Friend.  ...

"Now after He rose early on the first day of the week, He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, from whom He had cast out seven demons. She went out and told those who had been with Him, while they were mourning and weeping. But when they heard that He was alive and had been seen by her, they would not believe it. After this He appeared in another form to two of them, as they were walking into the country. And they went back and told the rest, but they did not believe them. Later He appeared to the eleven themselves as they were sitting at the table; and He upbraided them for their lack of faith and stubbornness, because they had not believed those who saw Him after He had risen" (Mark 16:9-14).

Mary Magdalene believed. She knew You and she knew the power of Your love - the power that cleansed her from sin and shame, the power that healed her heart and set her free. The others knew You, had deep relationship with You, saw what You did for others and even what You did through them for others. But Mary knew You and what You'd done personally for her. You had healed her from the inside out. You had freed her from all that would hold her back from loving You and following You in reckless abandon and passionate faith for the rest her life.

In a heart like Mary's, there was no room for stubbornness, pride, or lack of faith. There was no room to be like those "holding to the outward form of godliness but denying its power" (2 Timothy 3:5). There was only room in her heart to forever trust and serve and love the One who knew everything about her and loved her anyway, the One who forgave her and freed her to be all she was created to be, filled with the peace and joy known only by those who truly believe.

Thank You for my forgiveness, for my healing and freedom, for my fresh filling of peace and joy through intimate trust and faith in You. Thank You for freeing me from stubbornness, pride, and lack of faith. And thank for still loving me during the times when I'm still tempted to go there, even after all You've done and all I've seen, instead of simply holding on tighter to You when those challenges come. It's all by Your grace and all in the power of Your love - the power of love that endured the cross and defeated the grave "for the sake of the joy" of forever embracing those who would truly believe in You (Hebrews 12:2). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
 
Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, 
Tommy Hays
  
  
My Friend,  I pray you'd be filled afresh with the peace and joy of the One who loves you so, who heals you from the inside out and sets you free to be all He created you to be in the power of His love. May you be filled with resurrection power! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

 
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257