Wednesday, April 24, 2013


Morning by Morning, April 24 - Humility and Honor

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart, as You continue to conform me into Your image, morning by morning, moment by moment, one day at a time.  ...

"The Lord said to Joshua, 'This day I will begin to exalt you in the sight of all Israel, so that they may know that I will be with you as I was with Moses' " (Joshua 3:7).

Our true spiritual leaders are the ones You exalt, never the ones who exalt themselves. Those who strategize and strive for position may attain the title, but they will never have the authority that is necessary to lead the people of God into the inheritance of God. As Your Word commands us all, "God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.... Humbles yourselves before the Lord, and He will exalt you" (James 4:6-10).

Lord, help me keep my heart right. Help me shun the pride of self-centeredness and self-promotion. It's true that "a man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men" (Proverbs 18:16, NKJ). But even with all the gifts and graces You've given us to lead and nurture and disciple Your people, You alone call us into the place You've prepared for us to take our part in advance of Your Kingdom, all in Your time and all in Your way (Luke 14:7-11). So help me have that humble heart that You can honor however You choose for whatever purposes You will for my life and through my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays
  
  
My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit would continually work the humility of Jesus in your heart so your Father can honor you and position you in the places of love and leadership He has chosen for you. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257