Friday, April 26, 2013


Morning by Morning, April 26 - "Draw Near and Hear"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Consume me, that I may be one with You, one with the Body of Christ, and one in ministry to all the world until we feast with You at Your heavenly banquet in final victory.  ...

"Joshua then said to the Israelites, 'Draw near and hear the words of the Lord your God' (Joshua 3:9).

We need to draw near to hear. We need to consciously choose to come close. We need to make time to give You time, to surrender in silence, to watch and wait, to listen for Your leading. You deserve nothing less. You are worthy of our worship and we honor You when we open our hearts to You with our full attention.

I want to start my day on the sure foundation of Your Word and in deep communion with Your Spirit. And right now, O Lord my God, with an open heart and my full attention, I draw near to You to hear Your words in these first moments of my morning. ...

It seems I hear You say:  "You are right, My son, to draw near to Me in a deliberate way, as best as you can and all by My grace.  Many rely on My promise that I am with them always. And so I am. But I also desire My children to seek Me with all their hearts, with all their minds, with all their souls, with all their strength. This is intentional worship, focused prayer in the deep humility that draws My grace and embraces My Presence."

Yes, Lord. Let these intentional moments of my morning belong to You. Help me keep them holy, set apart for You, careful to guard my time as an offering I can surrender to You as worship. Then keep me in this communion of prayer throughout the moments of my day, as You order my steps and guide my path. You're always with me, but I also want to always keep drawing nearer to You and keep hearing Your words. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays

  
My Friend,  may the Holy Spirit guard your heart and your time to consciously come into the communion of prayer to hear the words of the Lord and be led by His Spirt throughout the moments of your day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Please let me know if you'd be interested in my teaching on thePrayer Life of Elijah. It's the "the spirit and power of Elijah" that prepares the way of the Lord -- in our hearts and in the earth for the coming of Christ (Luke 1:15; Matthew 17:11). This CD Series recorded live from one of my Prayer Revivals is available with our other books and resources on prayer and healing on the resources page of our web site:  
I hope you'll be encouraged and inspired with what I believe the Lord has taught me. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257