Friday, June 07, 2013


Morning by Morning, June 7 - Golden Rules of Kindness and Mercy

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Take me by the heart and lead me in the way that leads to life in You today.  ...

"Do to others as you would have them do to you.... Your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High; for He is kind to the ungrateful and the wicked. Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful" (Luke 6:31-36).

Your rules are golden and Your ways are true
Your heart is merciful and kind
And Your desire is that Your disciples would be more like You

Make me more like You today, Lord Jesus. When You say, "Follow Me," it's not just a destination, but also a transformation. That's the very purpose of our journey of life through this broken, fallen world full of broken, fallen people - to be conformed to the image of the Son of God (Romans 8:29).

So write Your law on my heart; form Your nature in my spirit. Show me when to hold firm and when to yield. Show me when to stand tall and when to bow low. Let my 'yes' be 'yes' and my 'no' be 'no.' Let my boundaries be clear and my conscience be clean.

I won't always be understood; I won't always be liked. But by the Spirit of God at work within me, I can always choose to follow You as best as I can and all by Your grace. May Your Spirit be at work within me to will and to do what is right and true. "For it is God who is at work in (me), enabling (me) both to will and to work for His good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend, may the Spirit of God at work within you make you more like Jesus every day. May you embrace your transformation on the way to your destination, as you follow Jesus in your heart. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Please keep us in prayer the rest of this week in Corpus Christi, Texas, as I join the other Methodist Ministers from my region for our Southwest Texas Annual Conference. Though our ministry is independent and non-denominational, I'm personally under appointment from my Bishop to lead Messiah Ministries, now in partnership with Rapha God Ministries in San Antonio. Like a missionary, I raise my own prayer covering and financial support. Thank you for all your support and encouragement that have made this ministry of prayer and healing beyond the walls of the church possible for over fifteen years!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257