Monday, July 29, 2013

Morning by Morning, July 29 - Fuego de Dios Consumenos

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I declare Your name over my life. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart; make me more like You today.  ...

"I baptize you with water for repentance, but One who is more powerful than I is coming after me; I am not worthy to carry His sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire" (Matthew 3:11).

Fuego de Dios consumenos! Fire of God, consume us! That was the cry of our hearts, the passion of our spirits, as we cried out to You at our spiritual retreat with our Spanish ministry team this weekend. I loved reading with the authority of Your Word from the bilingual Bible our team gave me, as Your Spirit filled us, You fire consumed us, and moved us to prophesy Your Word over one another. "Our God is a consuming fire!" (Hebrews 12:29)

You invite us to ask for more of Your Presence, more of Your power in our lives. "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" (Luke 11:13)

Heavenly Father, I do ask for the good gift of Your Holy Spirit.  Let me be continually baptized in Your holy fire, baptized in Your Holy Spirit -- saturated, soaked, immersed in the oil of the anointing of Your Presence and then set ablaze with the fire of God (Matthew 3:11). In the fire of Your Presence, let me be "endued with power from on high" to be Your witness, to manifest Your nature, throughout the moments of my day to fulfill Your purposes for my life every day (Luke 24:49, NKJV). Your power comes upon us as Your Spirit consumes us (Acts 1:8).

Apart from You, I can do nothing. But I never have to be apart from You. You're always with me and always filling me with Your Holy Spirit (Ephesians 5:18). You're always inviting me to ask to You to take more of me. More of You, less of me; You must increase and I must decrease, in ever-increasing depths of complete trust and surrender to You (John 3:30).

In humility and faith, all by the power of Your grace, I willing choose to be desperately dependent upon You alone. In Your mercy and love, keep crucifying my flesh and filling me with Your Spirit, until "it is no longer I live, but it is Christ who lives in me" (Galatians 2:20). Fuego de Dios consumenos! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you be consumed with the fire of God. Be continually baptized in His Holy Spirit and set ablaze with a passion for Jesus to fulfill the purpose of God by the power of God in your life every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, thank you for your prayers for us at the retreat for our Spanish-speaking Sozo Prayer Ministry Team this weekend. The fire of God came down in power and our hearts rose up to Him in praise! We all had life-changing encounters with God. We'll never be the same. I pray the same for you!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue