Monday, August 12, 2013


Morning by Morning, August 12 - "Tear Open the Heavens and Come Down!"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Here I am, Lord -- watching and waiting for Your leading, as I join my spirit with Your Spirit in the morning embrace of my Father.  ...

"O that You would tear open the heavens and come down, so that the mountains would quake at Your Presence ... When You did awesome deeds that we did not expect, You came down, the mountains quaked at Your Presence. From ages past no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who works for those who wait for Him" (Isaiah 64:1-4).

As I open up my heart, would You tear open Your heavens? As I draw near to You, would You draw near to me? As I humble myself in the fear of the Lord, would You cause the mountains of my soul to quake in Your Presence until nothing stands between You and me?

You are the God "who works for those who wait for Him" (v. 4). We have no idea all that You do for us every day as we walk out our lives through the valleys and over the mountains, through the fiery trials and along the peaceful streams. Our ears can't fully hear, our eyes can't fully see, our minds can fully perceive all that You're doing on our behalf as we wait on You to go before us, come alongside us, and rise up within us.

You do awesome deeds we don't expect -- healing hurts we don't even know we have, breaking chains we're blinded from seeing, working miracles we'll never know until the day we see You face to Face in the heavenly places (v. 3). But every day heaven comes down; every day our God is at work. So I give You thanks and praise for all the ways You're moving in the power of Your Presence in my life -- all the ways I know, but also for all the ways I don't yet know. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


M Friend,  I pray you would experience the power of the Presence of the God of Heaven coming down into your heart and every circumstance of your life today and every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, thank you so much for your prayers for us Sunday at the ATT&T Center Gathering with Steven Curtis Chapman and Max Lucado. The arena (home of the Spurs!) was filled to overflowing with worship, as we all sensed the Presence of God moving in our hearts and our city. Our prayer ministry team from Rapha God Ministries joined the Oak Hills Prayer Team to cover the arena in prayer. One of our Spanish-speaking teams led eight people to the Lord as soon as they walked in the gates! And so many countless others experienced the love and power of God as we worshiped Him in spirit and truth. I pray for an outpouring of God's Spirit and Presence in your heart and your city! God bless you!
  
 


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue