Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Morning by Morning, September 17 - Fire in the Mountains!

Good morning, Lord Jesus. O Lord, my God, how majestic is Your name; how mighty is Your power; how glorious is Your Presence. I soak in Your Presence and listen for Your voice as I wait for the leading of Your Spirit this morning.  ...

"The Lord said to Moses, 'Come up to Me on the mountain, and wait there.... Then Moses went up on the mountain, and the cloud covered the mountain. The glory of the Lord settled on Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it for six days; on the seventh day He called to Moses out of the cloud. Now the appearance of the glory of the Lord was like a devouring fire on the top of the mountain in the sight of the people of Israel. Moses entered the cloud, and went up on the mountain..." (Exodus 24:12-18).

This is my sixth day in the mountains. For three days I've been in the Smoky Mountains of North Carolina, praising You and pouring out my heart with my great friends Ben and Jay from Texas in ministry with the men at the Living Waters Men's Retreat. How deeply moving to be surrounded by a hundred men from so many places lifting up our hands to Heaven and opening up our hearts to Your Holy Spirit. You moved mightily among up us with deep healing and great deliverance, refreshing and renewing us in the glory cloud of Your Presence.

And now for three days I've been in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia, shaking in the Spirit with the rumblings of revival at Big Stone Gap, ministering with my great friend and prophetic psalmist, Heather Butler from Wales, to release Your Word in the land at this eastern gate of the nation. You're fanning the flames of Your Spirit, breaking open the hearts of stone, and preparing the way of the Lord to move mightily again in another great awakening of the power of Your love.

Lord, let there be Fire in the mountains! Let it burn through the valleys and across the plains until all have been consumed with the zeal of the Lord and the consuming fire of our God, "for indeed our God is a consuming Fire" (Hebrews 12:29). Let the holy Fire of Your Holy Spirit set hearts ablaze with a passion for Jesus to the glory of the Father.

Thank You for the honor of joining this adventure to proclaim Your Good News that "(our) God reigns" in these mountains and to the ends of the earth (Isaiah 52:7). "Your name, O God, like Your praise, reaches to the ends of the earth (Psalm 48:10). "O that You would tear open the heavens and come down, so that the mountains would quake at Your Presence -- as when fire kindles brushwood and the fire causes water to boil -- to make Your name known to Your adversaries, so that the nations might tremble at Your Presence!" (Isaiah 64:1-2)

Yes, Lord! Let us hear Your call and embrace Your command to "Go through, go through the gates, prepare the way for the people; build up, build up the highway, clear it of stone, lift up an ensign over the peoples. The Lord has proclaimed to the end of the earth ... 'See, Your Salvation comes.... And they shall be called, 'The Holy people, the Redeemed of the Lord' ..." (Isaiah 62:10-12). O Lord, let us see it in our generation and every generation to come. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the consuming Fire of God would burn in your heart and awaken your spirit with a passion for Jesus. I pray the zeal of the Lord would consume you and He sends you in the power of His love to kindle the fire of His Presence in every heart around you. That's the revival the Lord desires -- in you and to the ends of the earth.  Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, I can't really put into words all the encounters with God in the manifest Presence and glory of the Lord we've been experiencing in this exciting season. But I thank you so much for all your prayers for me and our ministry, with all your encouragement and support that make theses journeys and adventures with Jesus possible. I could never do it without you and your incredible covering of prayer support! I pray a hundredfold and more of every blessing of God be poured into your life and ministry to open the heavens and shift the atmosphere of earth wherever you are in Jesus' name!

The meetings here this week with Pastor Ric and Karen Wright at East Stone Gap United Methodist Church are being recorded for DVD if you'd like to have a taste of what we are experiencing here www.esgumc.com/#!contact/c1uje ). 

I look forward to getting up early and writing these morning prayers from my morning prayer time each day when I can and then sharing them with you. Thank you for joining with me in this journey of prayer that's continued for many years now. I do pray for your deep intimacy in prayer with the Lord and please pray that for me. God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue