Tuesday, September 24, 2013


Morning by Morning, September 24 - "In the Valley of Decision"

Good morning, Lord Jesus. I lift up my heart, open up my spirit, seeking Your face and listening for Your voice.  ...

"Multitudes, multitudes, in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision" (Joel 3:14).

One day, You will come again to judge the living and the dead (1 Peter 4:5). "For all of us must appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each may receive recompense for what has been done in the body, whether good or evil" (2 Corinthians 5:10). "For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God. For it is written, 'As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall give praise to God.' So then each of us will be accountable to God" (Romans 14:10-12).

But already, every day, You set before us life or death, blessings or curses, the choice to walk in the ways of the Lord or walk in the ways of our flesh. In the freedom that a relationship of love requires, You allow us the freedom to depend upon ourselves or depend upon You, to trust in ourselves or to trust in You. And by the grace of God, we can trust and depend upon Your power, not our power, on Your righteousness and not our righteousness. "That is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to Himself, not counting (our) trespasses against (us) (2 Corinthians 5:19).

So Lord, today is my day of decision. Today is my day of salvation. Your Spirit urges us every day "not to accept the grace of God in vain. For He says, 'At an acceptable I have listened to you, and on a day of salvation I have helped you.' See, now is the acceptable time; see, now is the day of salvation!" (2 Corinthians 6:1-2). By the power and the grace of God, let me "choose this day" that I will serve You, that I will live this day for You, not accepting the grace of God in vain (Joshua 24:15).

Let me be dead to myself and "alive to God in Christ Jesus" (Romans 6:11). Today the "Spirit of Christ" lives in me (Romans 8:9). And by the power of the Spirit of Christ living in me, let me not live another day for myself. On this day of decision, empower me to choose to live for the One who died and was raised for me, for the One who loves me and forgives me, heals me and frees me, for the One who longs to live in me and through me to the glory of God (2 Corinthians 5:15). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Holy Spirit will empower You to choose this day to live your life in the power of Christ for the glory of God. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Friends, thank you so much for your prayer for us last weekend for the Holy Spirit Revival at Kingswood United Methodist Church in Amarillo, Texas. The Lord moved mightily among us. By Sunday afternoon, the Holy Spirit moved across the room with every one praying Spirit-led prayers, speaking Spirit-empowered prophetic words over each other, and sharing Spirit-inspired vision for the destiny of their church. Praise God! And I pray for Holy Spirit revival in your heart and your church. Please pray the same for me! God bless you!


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue