Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Morning by Morning, December 18 - Surrounded by the Glory of God

Good morning, Lord Jesus. My eyes are fixed on You, so I'm steady and secure to go everywhere You send me in the power of Your strength and the leading of Your Spirit.  ...

"Then an angel of the Lord stood before (the shepherds keeping watch over their flock by night), and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, 'Do not be afraid; for see -- I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people:  to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah, the Lord..." (2:9-11).

You cause Your glory to shine around us. If our spiritual eyes were open to see it, we might be terrified at the light and the power and the glory of God. But our praise should overcome our fear. We're surrounded by Your glory; why should our hearts fear? The One who is glorious in power and light is also the One who loves us and fills us with good news of great joy!

Lord, open my eyes to see that I'm surrounded by Your glory every moment of every day. You are Immanuel, God with us (Matthew 1:23). Let me hear afresh in my heart Your good news of great joy that I have a Savior and His name is Jesus. "Glory to God in the highest!" (Luke 2:14) In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you know you are surrounded by the glory of God and hear His good news of great joy in your spirit every day! Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue