Monday, December 09, 2013

Morning by Morning, December 9 - Choosing to Believe the Good News

Good morning, Lord Jesus. "O come, let us adore Him, Christ the Lord." ... In worship and prayer, I adore You and choose to live this day for You. Put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. Make me more like You today. ...

"The angel replied (to Zechariah), 'I am Gabriel. I stand in the Presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news" (Luke 1:19).

Thank You, Lord, for Your holy angels who stand in the Presence of God. And thank You, Lord, for Your Holy Spirit, who now fills us with the Presence of God. In so many ways, You send us Your good news -- the good news that You are with us, the good news that You forgive us, the good news that You love us and want us to the embrace the fullness of Your salvation and grace through Jesus Christ.

Like Zechariah, there are times when it's hard for us to believe and hard to receive. There are times when Your truth and Your word doesn't quite seem to fit our circumstances (v. 1:18). That's when our doubts and unbelief keep us from embracing the fullness of the goodness of God. And our doubts and unbelief have consequences (v. 1:20).

But You are the God who is greater than our doubts and mightier than our unbelief. And You even use our struggles and questions to bring us to a deeper place of faith, as we choose to be willing to believe (v. 1:64). So by the power of the grace of God, I choose to believe. I choose to receive and embrace Your Word and Your Spirit sending Your good news into my life today. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  I pray the Spirit of God will fill your heart with the Presence of God, empowering you to embrace the fullness of the good news of God's grace for your life today through Jesus Christ. Please pray the same the same for me. God bless you, my friend!
 
Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue