Monday, February 10, 2014

Morning by Morning, February 10 - Chosen Child

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Make me more like You today. ...

"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; You hold my lot. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage.... Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body rests secure.... You show me the path of life. In Your Presence there is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasures forevermore" (Psalm 16:5-11).

I've chosen You and You've chosen me. You choose all to be Your children who choose to embrace You as their Father. "But to all who received Him, who believed in His name, He gave power to become children of God, who were born, not of blood or of the will of the flesh or of the will of man, but of God" (John 1:12). And because I am a child of God, I have the goodly heritage of forever abiding in the Presence of God, forever abiding in the peace and the joy of God. In Your Presence, there is fullness of joy.

So I entrust the lot of my life into Your hands. You set the boundaries. You guide my steps. You put Your thoughts in my mind and Your desires in my heart. As best as I can and all by Your grace, I choose You and Your life for me. By the power of the grace of God, I will "trust in the Lord with all (my) heart, and lean not on (my) own understanding; in all (my) ways (I will) acknowledge (You), and (You) shall direct (my) paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6, NKJV). You are my Path of Life (Psalm 16:11, fulfilled in John 14:6). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you know and embrace Your goodly heritage as a child of God, living into the fullness of your inheritance in the peace and joy of His Presence every day. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Praying with you,
Tommy


Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend! Blue