Friday, February 21, 2014

Morning by Morning, February 21 - Wheat and Weeds

Good morning, Lord Jesus. Help me hear Your voice and follow Your leading -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.  ...

"(Jesus) put before them another parable:  'The kingdom of heaven may be compared to someone who sowed good seed in his field; but while everybody was asleep, an enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, then went away. So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared as well.... Let both of them grow together until the harvest; and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, Collect the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn'" (Matthew 13:24-30).

Lord, as I grow up by Your grace into maturity, help me grow in discernment. Send in Your reapers to gather the weeds out of my own heart so that the grains of wheat that have grown from the seed of the words of Spirit and life You've planted in my heart may be gathered into Your great harvest. "As a plan for the fullness of time, (You) gather all things up in (Christ), things in heaven and things on earth. In Christ we have also obtained an inheritance, having been destined according to the purpose of Him who accomplishes all things according to His counsel and will, so that we, who were the first to set our hope on Christ, might live for the praise of His glory" (Ephesians 1:10-12).

I pray for increase in the "Spirit of wisdom and revelation as (I) come to know (You), so that, with the eyes of (my) heart enlightened, (I) may know what is the hope to which (You) have called (me) ..." (Ephesians 1:17-18). I pray for an increase in the spiritual gift of discernment (1 Corinthians 12:10).

You are "the One who sows the good seed" (Matthew 13:37). And by the grace of God, I am one of Your "children of the kingdom" (Matthew 13:38). Let there be a harvest of righteousness in my heart, as You bundle up and burn everything in me that's not like You (Matthew 13:43). In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Be encouraged today! In the Love of Jesus, Tommy Hays


My Friend,  may you grown in discernment as the wheat and weeds in this world grow up into maturity, and may your heart be a part of God's great harvest of righteousness in the earth. Please pray the same for me. God bless you, my friend!

Tommy Hays | Messiah Ministries
Healing from the Inside Out
  
Pastoral Director | Rapha God Ministries
4 Dominion Drive, Building 1
San Antonio, Texas 78257

Share this word to encourage a friend!  Blue